Perkins’ Core Beliefs
We believe students come first.
- We will make decisions based on what is best for all children.
- We will ensure equitable access to learning by opening pathways and removing barriers.
- We will create a sense of urgency to respond when students are not learning and then monitor growth.
We believe with focus, research and reflection, innovation and excellence occur in a school culture.
- We will set high standards so all students excel at communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- We will redefine education by integrating technology so students lead and self-organize learning.
- We will evaluate data to demonstrate transparency in our practice and continuously improve.
We believe developing strong partnerships is based on trust and honest communication.
- We will honor other’s perspectives, experiences and values.
- We will engage the community, families and staff in district goal setting.
- We will nurture stakeholders to share in our school culture and we will give back to the community.
We believe students need to be challenged with high expectations as life-long learners.
- We will engage students in challenging curriculum and practices in order to develop determined learners.
- We will provide multiple means of representation, action and expression and engagement (UDL principles).
- We will empower our students to take responsibility and pride in their education.