Saturday, February 26
Para-Swimmer Places At State
Alyson West finished in third in the 50 free and 100 backstroke at the State Championship meet.
Wrestlers Win Sectional
The PHS Wrestling team opened its playoff run on Saturday by winning the Sandusky Northwest Sectional Tournament.
Billy Smith, at 113, Wyatt Nemitz, at 120, Zach Oprzadek, at 132, and Keegan Schoen, at 150, each were champions in their weight classes.
Collin Calderon, at 138, finished in second; Sawyer Smith, at 106, Noah Villareal, at 144, and Adam West, at 285, finished in third; and Zach Zoellner, at 215, and Kye Crawford, at 190, finished in fourth.
The 10 wrestlers who placed advance to Districts on Friday.
Friday, February 25
Swimmers Place At State Meet
Jager Ninke finished in second and Evan Terry in eighth in the 100 Fly, Jager Ninke, placed fifth in the 50 Free, and the 200 medley relay team of Wyatt Dulaney, Luke Skavnak, Evan Terry, and Jager Ninke finished in 15th Place.
Thursday, February 24
Bowlers Garner SBC Honors
Congratulations to our PHS Bowlers. For the Girls Bowling squad, Leah Kaufman and Taylor Kaufman were named to the First Team SBC, and Katelyn Showalter received Honorable Mention.
For the Boys, Aiden Biggert was named Second Team SBC, and Dom Tordi, Connor Beverick, and Coryon Moore received Honorable Mention.
PHS Diver Places At State
Congrats to PHS Diver Kennedy Schnittker, who finished in 18th place at the State Diving Championship in Canton on Wednesday.
Wrestler Claims SBC Title
The PHS Wrestling team placed second in the Lake Division of the SBC. Wrestler Wyatt Nemitzwon the 120-pound class. Meanwhile, Billy Smithwas second at 113, Sawyer Smith fourth at 106, Zach Oprzadekfourth at 132, and Keegan Schoen fourth at 150.
Wednesday, February 23
Lady Pirates Sectional Champs
The Lady Pirates opened their playoff run with a win over Port Clinton on Saturday, and then beat Vermilion, 50-32, to claim the Sectional Championship on Monday. The Girls Basketball team now moves on to face Shelby on Thursday in the District semifinal.
Tuesday, November 30
- Girls Swimming: Loss to Napoleon, 88-85. For the Pirates, Emma Lynch, Katie Skavnak, Emily Mitchel, and Abby Keller won the 200 medley relay, Emma Lynch, Olivia Oprzadek, Katie Skavnak, and Elly Birmingham won the 200 free relay, and Emma Lynch won the 50 freestyle.
- Boys Swimming: Loss to Napoleon, 72-104. For the Pirates, Jager Ninke won the 100 butterfly, Jager Ninke, Landon Williams, Evan Terry, and Luke Skavnak won the 200 free relay, Evan Terry won the 50 freestyle, and Tre Leber won diving.
- Girls Basketball: Win over Clyde, 60-35; the Pirates were led by Kendall Zeiher 14 points, Kelley Baker with 11 points, 14 rebounds, 6 blocks, and 4 assists, and Cam Kaufman with 11 points
Saturday, Oct. 16
- Boys Cross Country: Team runner-up at the SBC Championships led by Max Davis, who was 4th overall, Colin Ellis, 6th, and Owen Murphy, 9th. Max and Colin were named to First Team All-SBC, and Owen Second Team All-SBC.
- Girls Cross Country: Sara Skaff placed 2nd at the SBC Championships and Ellie Bodle finished in 4th place. Sara and Ellie were both named to First Team All-SBC. Freshman runner Alex Merriman had a personal record and her best time of the season
Friday, Oct. 15
- Football: Loss to Tiffin Columbian, 24-52.
Thursday, Oct. 14
- Girls Soccer, Win over Edison, 1-0
- Volleyball, Win over Clay, 3-0
Wednesday, Oct. 13
- Congratulations to the PHS Girls Soccer team on Senior Night. The Pirates won 1-0 against visiting Shelby
Tuesday, Oct. 12
- Volleyball, loss to Vermilion, 0-3
Monday, Oct. 11
- Boys Soccer, Win over Willard, 2-0; scoring for the Pirates were Dylan Swander and Keegan Schoen
- Girls Soccer, Win over Oberlin, 12-1
- Volleyball, Win over St. Mary Central Catholic, 3-0
Saturday, Oct. 9
- Girls Cross Country: Sara Skaff won 1st place and Ellie Bodle 3rd place in the New London Invitational
- Boys Cross Country: The PHS Boys team placed second overall at the New London Invitational, with Owen Murphy winning 5th place, Colin Ellis, 6th place, and Max Davis 7th place.
- Volleyball, Win over Huron, 3-0
Friday, Oct. 8
- Football, Win over Norwalk, 35-7
Wednesday, Oct. 6
- Girls Tennis, Win over Bellevue, 4-1, Winning for the Pirates were Ashi Kota and Trinity Bibler at singles, and the doubles teams of Katelyn Showalter andNoelle Showalter and Bailey Garrett and Leanne Sumner
- Boys Soccer, Loss to Edison, 1-3; scoring for the Pirates was Ben Schaefer
Saturday, Oct. 2
- The PHS Boys Cross Country team finished runner-up at the Huron Tiger Invite. Max Davis finished in second place, Colin Ellis, fourth, Owen Murphy, seventh, and AJ Bores, ninth.
- The PHS Girls Cross Country team also competed. Sara Skaff finished in second place, and Ellie Bodle in fifth. Congratulations to both teams.
- Varsity Volleyball, Win over Lexington, 3-0
- Girls Soccer, Win over Vermilion, 4-1; Grace Cisman had 3 goals and Leanna Marineck one goal with Mackenzie Wright having 2 assists. Come out and support the girls as they host Norwalk today at 5 p.m. to win the SBC Lake division outright
Friday, October 1
- Football, Loss to Bellevue, 0-26
Thursday, September 30
- Congratulations to Cole Hupp, who shot a career-best 79 at the Boys Golf Sectionals on Thursday. He now qualifies for the district tournament. The Pirates Boys Golf team finished in fifth place, and missed advancing to District action by a single stroke.
- Girls Tennis, Loss to Tiffin, 2-3,Winning for the Pirates were Ashi Kota and Katelyn Showalter at 1st doubles, and Trinity Bibler and Noelle Showalter at 2nd doubles
- Varsity Volleyball, Win over Bellevue, 3-1 (20-25, 25-13, 25-18, 25-17)
Wednesday, September 29
- Boys Soccer: Win over Clyde, 16-0; Chase Young scored three goals, Nathan Gast, and John Normington-Slay scored two each, and Adrian Kessler, Adrian McKinley, Ben Schafer, Billy Smith, Keegan Schoen, Mark Zokle, Nam Tran, and Tristan Bloomingkemper each had one. Clyde also scored its own goal.
- Girls Soccer: Win Clyde, 6-0
Tuesday, September 28
- The PHS Girls Golf team finished in second place at Sectionals on Tuesday, with Olivia Grude leading the team with a career-best 84. The team now heads to District on Monday in Findlay
- Girls Tennis: Loss to Norwalk, 1-4, winning for the Pirates was the doubles team of Trinity Bibler and Noelle Showalter
- Volleyball: Win over Clyde, 3-0; (25-16, 25-13, 25-21); for Perkins: Emma Manley had 5 aces and 5 kills, Kelly Baker had 11 kills, Elizabeth Ziegler had 12 kills, Alyssa Wentworth had 5 kills, Cam Kaufman had 19 digs, and Madison Satterfield had 15 assists
Monday, September 27
- Girls Tennis, Win over Sandusky St. Mary Central Catholic, 4-1; Pirate winners: were Ashi Kota (1st singles), Trinity Bibler (3rd singles), Katelyn Showalter and Noelle Showalter (1st doubles), and Bailey Garrett and Leanne Sumner (2nd doubles)
- Boys Soccer, Win over Tiffin, 5-0
- Volleyball, Win over Toledo Central Catholic, 3-1
- Girls Soccer, Win over Tiffin, 8-0
Saturday, Sept. 25
- Girls Tennis: The Doubles team of Trinity Bibler and Noelle Showalter won the SBC Title for Second Doubles and named All-SBC First Team, and the First Doubles team of Katelyn Showalter and Ashi Kota were named All-SBC Second Team. Congratulations Pirates!
- Cross Country: Norwalk Invitational, Sara Skaff took 2nd place and Ellie Bodle, 3rd place, for the girls; the Boys team took 2nd place among the eight teams, with Max Davis placing 4th and Colin Ellis 10th
Friday, Sept. 24
- Football: Win over Clyde, 21-20.
Thursday, Sept. 23
- Volleyball: Win over Sandusky, 3-0
Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Girls Soccer, Win over Sandusky, 3-0, with goals from Mackenzie Wright, 2, and Sophia Ralofsky
- Boys Soccer, Win over Sandusky, 9-1, with goals from Ben Schafer, 3, Billy Smith, 2, John Normington-Slay, 2, Mark Zokle and Cameron Fosco
Tuesday, Sept. 21
- Congrats to our PHS Lady Golfers. The Pirates won the SBC Championship, shooting 398 as a team, beating Tiffin Columbian, 404, Clyde, 417, and the rest of the nine-team field. Seniors Ireland Weatherly, 92, and Olivia Grude, 93, finished second and third.
- Girls Tennis, at Bellevue, Postponed due to weather
- Volleyball, Win over Oak Harbor, 3-1
- Congratulations to our PHS senior cross country runners who participated in the Osborn Relays on Tuesday. Senior runners Owen Murphy, Sara Skaff, Angie Leckrone, and Travis Smith were honored before the races.
Monday, Sept. 20
- Girls Golf, Win over Tiffin, 207-214
- Girls Soccer, Tie with Crestview, 0-0
- Boys Soccer, Win over Vermilion, 5-3
Saturday, Sept. 18
- Cross Country, at Galion; Sara Skaff placed 9th and Ellie Bodle 24th, Girls team placed 111th overall; for the Boys team, Max Davis place 18th and the team placed 12th overall
- Varsity Volleyball, Loss to Margaretta, 2-3
Friday, Sept. 17
- Football, Win over Huron, 31-20
Thursday, Sept. 16
- Boys Golf, Win over Tiffin, 191-196; Gavin Hemphill 43, Cole Hupp 47, Nolan Klepper 47, Connor Beverick 54
- Girls Golf, Win over Norwalk, 194-235; Kylie Beverick 44, Olivia Grude 47, Ireland Weatherly 48, Abby Carr 55 – Senior Night
- Girls Tennis, Loss to Clyde, 1-4, winning for the Pirates was the doubles team of Ashi Kota and Katelyn Showalter
- Volleyball, Loss to Vermilion, 0-3
Wednesday, Sept. 15
- Girls Golf, Win at Oak Harbor, with a season-best score 179
- Boys Golf, Loss to Bellevue and Vermillion in tri-match, -191-179-177
- Boys Soccer, Win at Norwalk, 3-1, Goals from Dylan Swander, Nam Tran, Ben Schafer
- Girls Soccer, Win at Norwalk, 2-0, with Sophia Ralofsky and Leanna Marinek
Tuesday, Sept. 14
- Girls Golf, Win over Sandusky and Vermilion, 194 to 235 to 238; low scorers were Olivia Grude 42, Ireland Weatherly 44, Kylie Beverick 49, and Abby Carr 59
- Boys Golf, Loss to Norwalk, 183-156
- Volleyball, Win over Tiffin, 3-1
Monday, Sept. 13
- Girls Golf, 2nd place at Willard Invite
- Girls Tennis, Win at Huron, 4-1; Winning for the Pirates were Ashi Kota at 1st singles, Greta Gross at 3rd singles, and the. doubles teams of Trinity Bibler and Noelle Showalter, and Jeni Emery and Katelyn Showalter
- Boys Soccer, Win at Clyde, 12-0; Goals from John Normington-Slay (3), Billy Smith (2), Caleb Spence (2), Landon Williams (2), and Ben Schaefer, Chase Young, and Nathan Gast
- Girls Soccer, Win at Clyde, 7-0; Goals came from Sophia Ralofsky (3), and Grace Cisman, Peyton Klein, McKenzie Wright, and Maggie McVeigh
Saturday, Sept. 11
- Cross Country, at Seneca East; Girls Cross Country team placed 9th, with Sara Skaff running a personal best time of 19:24 and placing 5th overall, and Ellie Bodle running a personal best and placing 14th overall
Friday, Sept. 10