Guide To Student Services
At Perkins Local School District
It is the goal of the Perkins Local School District Student Services Department to ensure that each student that resides within our district is afforded equitable access to learning by removing barriers and opening pathways.
The Perkins Local School District serves students with special needs from age 3 to age 21 as required by federal law. Students are served in the least restrictive environment possible, and they are included in the regular classroom with their typical peers when that arrangement will meet their educational needs.
An Individual Educational Plan is developed for each special needs student. Parents meet with appropriate Perkins Local Schools staff to determine annual educational goals and an educational plan, including necessary accommodations and services. Services can include speech and language services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, behavior modification, special instruction through intervention specialists, adaptive physical education and other specialized services designed to insure that each child's educational needs are met.
The Director of Student Services manages a parent email list in order to disperse information regarding items of interest to parents. If you are the parent of a student with a disability in the Perkins Local School District and would like to be included in this mailing list, please email Chris Guss with your email contact information.
Student Services Resources
- Reading Tips For Families
- Transition Information
- Student Services FAQ
- Federal Programs, 2022 Annual Meeting
- Families of Students with Disabilities
- Federal Funds For Students With Special Needs
- English Learners Program
- Search For Students With Disabilities
- Ohio Department of Education's Each Child Means Each Child Guide
- Erie County Community Resource Guide
- Guide To Parents Rights in Special Education
- Educational Programming For Gifted and Talented Students
- Rubrics For Gifted/Accelerated Placement 2023-2024
- Gifted: PB-3 2023-2024